Wednesday, November 21, 2012
Chocolate Pudding Layer Dessert
adapted from allrecipes.com
1. 1 cup of flour
2. 1/2 cup of melted butter
3. 1/2 cup of finely chopped pecans
4. 1 8oz package of cream cheese (I used reduced fat)
5. 1 cup of confectioner's sugar
6. 2 8oz packages of cool whip (or make homemade whipped cream)
7. 1 large 5.9oz box of any instant flavor pudding (I prefer chocolate!)
8. 3 cups of milk
9. 1 bar of chocolate for chocolate shavings (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In a medium bowl, mix 1 cup of flour, 1/2 cup of finely chopped pecans, and a 1/2 cup of melted butter. Firmly press into the bottom of a 9 by 13-inch baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes. Cool completely.
In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, and 1 cup of confectioner's sugar. Mix with an electric mixer until smooth. Fold in 1/2 of 8oz container of cool whip or make homemade whip cream. (1 cup heavy cream, mixed with 3 tbsp of sugar, and a dash of vanilla, whipped together with an electric mixer for 2 to 3 minutes) Once the 1st layer is cool spread the cream cheese layer on top and place in the fridge while you make the 3rd layer.
Make pudding according to package directions and place over the 2nd layer.
Spread remaining cool whip or fresh whipped cream over the pudding layer and garnish with chocolate shavings and extra chopped pecans.
Store in Fridge to set 1-2 hours.