I'm not much of a standard sandwich eater, but I love toast! Not boring white bread toast smothered in butter, mind you, but hearty whole wheat bread with substantial toppings. I found this recipe from ACUPOFJO.
Avocado toast is perfect for a quick breakfast, snack, lunch or dinner.
- Whole wheat bread, sliced
- Sea salt (Mandatory!)
- Lemon or lime juice (optional but recommended)
- Toast your slices of bread well.
- Slice the avocado in half, lengthwise, and remove the pit. Use a big spoon to scoop out the flesh. Put it in a bowl and mash it up with a fork. Mix in a squeeze of lemon or lime (optional).
- Smash some avocado on top of your toast and top it with a light sprinkle of sea salt. Enjoy!
A medium avocado contains 4.02 g of protein, 29.47 g of fat(healthy fat!), 17.15 g of carbohydrates and 13.5 g of fiber. Avocados are low in sugar and salt, high in fiber and cholesterol-free. Although avocados are not a low-calorie food, their outstanding health benefits more than justify their caloric investment of 322 calories apiece. Avocados are rich in potassium -- essential for regulating blood pressure -- as well as the antioxidant vitamins A, C and E; their extremely high content of dietary fiber can provide a feeling of fullness and may help prevent overeating. With a low glycemic index of 15, avocados contribute to stable blood sugar levels.