Tuesday, September 4, 2012

End of Summer Detox (Day 1)

After an amazing summer with family, friends, food, and alcohol, I decided it's time for a Fall detox. I have never done a detox before so this will be quite interesting! I found this 3 day cleanse from Lauryn on The Skinny Confidential, which she used from Juicers in Solana Beach, CA. Since we don't have access to a Juicers I decided to make it on my own. Brian (The best boyfriend ever) bought me a GE Juicer to make the process easier, but you can also use a regular blender to make the juice. It just needs to be a larger blender and not a magic bullet size. You can find more information about Juice Fasting here.

For the 3 day detox you make 64 oz of juice and you drink 8oz every hour with a glass of water in between each hour starting around 9am and ending at 4pm. You may have 6oz of lean protein and a large handful of steamed vegetables once in the day. But you can also split the 6oz of protein into 4 oz of chicken and 2oz of almonds, which is what I did. It's really up to you. You are also allowed herbal tea's with the detox.

Juice 1 consists of  
Cucumbers, Tomatoes, Carrots, Beets, Celery, Apples, and Lemons.
Day 1 pictures:

I'm just about half way done for today and I'm feeling good! I did get a little hungry so I snacked on some almonds. I also had a Bigelow Green Tea. Only complaint is how often I have to pee! ;) I will post day 2 juice tomorrow and if you would like the information sheet email me at kathryn.pember@gmail.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment