Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Salmon w/ a Lemon Dill Sauce and Cauliflower Mashed

I am trying to practice using my new Canon Rebel, so I went down by the CT river this morning and attempted a few sunrise pictures. I also went to the far end of Evergreen Rd where I tried to take a few shots of the sunset. I still have a lot to learn as you can see these photographs are far from professional! I wish I had more time to learn about the camera but school must come FIRST. 

Anyways I've been craving salmon and mashed potatoes and I stumbled upon a few good recipe's today. I slightly modified them but you can find the links to them below.  Brian was skeptical at first to try the cauliflower mash but I knew he would like it. Although he def enjoyed his sweet potato much more.

 

Grilled Salmon with Lemon-Dill Sauce

Original Recipe

 Marinade (I marinated the salmon for about an hour)

  • 1 tablespoon EVOO
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill weed 
  • 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
  • 3 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoons honey
  • 1/2 tablespoon of minced garlic
  • 1 lb salmon fillets, cut into 2 pieces
  • I also sprinkled chili garlic spice (we use this on everything!)

Lemon-Dill Sauce

  • 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt 
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill weed or 1 teaspoon dried dill
  • 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper 

Directions-

Using a oiled grill or grill pan place the salmon skin side down, cover, and cook for about 15 minutes on med-high heat. Then top with the Lemon-Dill Sauce or have the sauce on the side.

Find the Cauliflower mashed here.

Instead of using buttermilk or sour cream, I used Greek yogurt instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment