Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Spicy Chicken Salad

I LOVE spicy food! I made this a few weeks ago and it was delicious! I decided to double the original recipe so I would have plenty of leftovers :) You can eat it on whole wheat toast, on a wrap, or even by itself. 
Ingredients:

  • 2 lbs of shredded chicken
  • 3 jalapenos, finely chopped
  • 2 red onions, finely chopped
  • 2 red peppers, chopped
  • 4 scallions, thinly sliced
  • 2 avocado, peeled and diced
  • 1 cup of chopped cilantro

Dressing:

  • 6 tablespoons lime juice
  • 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
  • 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
  • Splash of tabasco
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • 1 cup of olive oil
*Shredded Chicken- I boil the chicken for 20 minutes then I drain it. Once the chicken is cool, I shred the chicken. 

Combine all ingredients in large bowl. In a small bowl, stir together lime juice, mustard, mayonnaise, tabasco and salt and pepper. Slowly drizzle in olive oil while constantly stirring with fork. Pour dressing over chicken mixture in large bowl and toss to combine. Serve over greens or as a sandwich.

Adapted from Food Network

No comments:

Post a Comment