Thursday, August 2, 2012

A Simple Beef Stir-fry

For dinner last night I decided on a stir fry. I really never make sit fry so I looked for an easy recipe and I found a site for 15 basic stir fry sauces. I made it very simple for myself and I bought a bag of frozen stir fry vegetables and 1 lb of prepared beef stir fry. It was nice that I had all the ingredients for the sauce on hand already, but for you that might not be the case.

I'll be sure to buy a Wok before my next stir fry.

First I browned the meat in my large Skillet for about 4 minutes. Not too long because I like my meat to have a pink center. Then I removed the meat and cooked the vegetables with 1 tbsp. of oil for about 8 minutes. While the vegetables were cooking, I mixed the sauce together in a separate boil. Once the veggies were ready I added the meat back into the skillet along with the stir fry sauce below. I decided to mix a packet of brown rice into my stir fry. Whatever floats your boat...

And there you have it dinner in about 15 minutes! :)

  Soy Sesame Stir-Fry Sauce

1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup soy sauce
4 tsp. rice wine vinegar
4 tsp. toasted sesame oil
2 tsp. hot red pepper flakes
2 tsp. sugar

Thursday=Running day
This morning I ran 4 miles with the cutest running partner ever! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment